Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Day 3: More of the Same, This Time by Phone

Not that I expected any different answer, but just for giggles I called American Honda's customer service line to see if I could get clarification on the issue of my passenger side airbag not being included in the current recall campaign.

The customer service reps are VERY deferential, while also sticking quite annoyingly on message. This means there are lots of Pleases and Thank yous and I appreciate your concerns, and much time devoted to dotting i's and crossing t's--process and documentation are everything here. That said, when asked directly why my car is not included in a recall that seems to span the model year, the rep repeated, in slightly different ways no fewer than 5 times, that my car is not currently subject to any open recalls. He did conjecture that perhaps it was due to the factory, but I may be reading too much into his response.

Bottom line, he said, over and over, that airbag inflators are tracked meticulously and mine was not among the recall candidates.

Do I trust him/American Honda customer service? Not for a second. I'm tempted to remove the front passenger seat to ensure that nobody can sit in it until my car ultimately is recalled, because I am fairly certain it will--it's just a matter of time.

On the list of life annoyances, this is pretty low. But like all annoyances, I know it's there and if I actively start banning passengers from the front seat, it will ultimately turn from annoyance to inconvenience to intolerable situation.

Coming up: thinking about the next car and what the candidates will be. And silly me thought that the 2012 Fit would be my last ICE (internal combustion engine) car.

No comments:

Post a Comment