Thursday, March 2, 2017

Day 4: Nissan Versa Note

Last year when my driver side airbag got replaced, I got entirely too familiar with an Enterprise rental Nissan Versa Note. This car has the unfortunate CVT, as probably 99% of the Versa Notes came from the factory. Unfortunate also because for 2017, the CVT is the only transmission. To that end, I'm very interested in driving a Versa Note with the manual transmission. That means I'm in the used car market. Getting the manual while solving the tranny woes, would introduce some unintended side issues. I'd be buying a used car. An advantage pricewise, but who know if it was taken care of. There is a 2014 with same number of miles as my car near me. The dealer is asking $9900 for it, which is pretty high, but hey, it's a retail used car dealer, what do you expect. Also the manual comes with another interesting feature, manual roll down windows. It's got A/C, but no cruise control. If I thought my Fit was a penalty box on long trips, the Versa may be worse. Quieter, but no cruise, oy. A 2014 is showing on Fuelly.com with 24K miles tracked at 31.6 MPG. My Fuelly numbers are 32.5 MPG combined. It would be higher except I drive a majority of time in city.


No comments:

Post a Comment